Sunday, October 26, 2008

Flight

My flight to America was my very first flight, I was scarred to fly for 10 hours and back then I didn't know the difference between 1st class and the rest of the plane. I was just happy to be on it.
After finding my seat, I sat between a family of 8. I thought, this cannot be so bad... until they started eating.
I was surrounded by a polish family whose language skills were not clear to me, their Polish was as horrible as their English and throughout the flight they kept eating pickles! Yes pickles , not one , not even two, I heard them bite on these damn pickles for 10 hours! I was so paranoid about that flight that I didn't even know that you are able to bring food on a plane.I don't think that I had a pickle since.
After we landed, I was expecting Chris to be there to happily welcome me in the greatest America unfortunately, he wasn't. I kept calling his phone but without any result.
Horrified, I sat on my luggage and started crying , while considering purchasing my ticket back home, somebody came to my rescue!
The Pickle Family. Ohh yes, they offered me their home and said that they will help me find a job and start a new life in some small city in Wisconsin. What? Strangers, small city, pickles! Hell, no! I was upset but my mind was still functioning!
I politely thanked them and assured that my friend will come. After 2 lonely hours at the baggage claim Chris came! I have never been so happy to see a familiar face.
"Where have you been?! I was worrying sick here" - where my first words to a friend who I haven't seen for 3 years.

No comments: